A history rooted in industry and commerce
For almost two centuries we’ve remained true to the values of George Heriot and James Watt – the two giants of industry and commerce who give our university its name. Our foundations are built on practical, applied learning. Education that meets the needs of global industry and enables our students to fulfil their career aspirations.
We shape tomorrow’s work-ready, industry-fit graduates and postgraduates. We connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs. Real issues, real projects, real research – so our students get practical, real-life experience and the employer gets work- ready industry-fit graduates.
Guardian University Guide 2015:
- Ranked 13th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland
- Top in the UK for Chemistry and Civil Engineering
- Top ten in the UK for: Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Business, Management & Marketing, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Mathematics
– Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure & Society
– Engineering and Physical Sciences
– Life Sciences
– Management and Languages
– Mathematical and Computer Sciences
– Textiles and Design
- Scottish Borders campus in the town of Galashiels
- West London College (Associate Campus)