Edinburgh Napier University
The University is named after John Napier, 16th century mathematician and philosopher who was born and lived in Merchiston Tower – now part of our Merchiston Campus.
Why choose Edinburgh Napier University?
We create and support personalised learning and research opportunities that develop talent and solutions that really matter in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
Because we offer industry-informed courses, combining theory and practice to equip our graduates for success in the global job market, we’re in the top 20 in the UK for undergraduate employability.
95.4% of our 2012/13 undergraduates and 92% of our postgraduates were in work or further study six months after graduating.
We are one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland, with over 18,000 students from 109 countries.
If you choose Edinburgh Napier then you will be choosing one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan and iconic cities, and one of Scotland’s top universities for graduate employability.
The University is organised into three faculties:
- The Business School
- Engineering, Computing & Creative Industries
- Health, Life & Social Sciences
We are home to 18,436 students:
We are a truly international University: our 6,384 overseas students represent 35% of our overall student population.
We have over 4,500 students studying our courses in Hong Kong, India and Singapore.
We are ranked eighth in the UK for “value added”, which measures students’ entry qualifications against the degree results they go on to achieve.
We are the only UK university to offer a programme which develops the employability skills sought by employers, called Confident Futures. Our Employer Mentoring Programme was awarded Mentoring Project of the Year at the Scottish Mentoring Network conference 2011.
World class facilities:
- an online working environment, giving you instant access to lecture notes, coursework, exams and reading lists
- 24-hour access to the Jack Kilby Computing Centre
- State of the art campuses
- Strong links with industry
- High employment rates among our graduates
- Links to universities world-wide
- Fully-networked library services
- Specialist staff to support learning, language development or personal issues
- A personal development tutor